Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back - And Blasting Out A New Experiment!

Well, after quite a long absence from marketing, I'm back with a renewed plan and internet marketing strategy.

I'm beginning with something of an experiment. Part of the experiment involves testing to see how long it takes to get a brand new site up, indexed, and ranking in the SERPS. I'm beginning the 'test' with five new domains and sites:


Homedics Back Massager

Pool Vacuum Cleaners
Gas Leaf Blowers
Portable Propane Heaters
Atomic Wall Clocks

Of these sites, there are two .com TLD's, two .org TLD's, and one .info TLD. I've gone through just the very basics of on-page SEO.

Off-page SEO - meaning back link building - has consisted of a very basic campaign. I've submitted the first page of each site to Digg, Blinklist, added it to StumbleUpon, and used Onlywire to tag them to about a dozen more social bookmarking sites.

In addition, each site has 1-3 articles submitted to article directories including Ezinearticles and Goarticles.

I'll be watching and tracking the progress, meaning how long it takes each web site to get indexed, where in the SERPS the initial ranking is, and how long it takes for the other backlinks to show up.

I'll post my results here as I get them.

No comments: